India and Brazil, the 6th and 8th largest economies in the world, respectively, recently joined 100+ other countries in adopting comprehensive data protection legislation. This panel, which includes Lowenstein partner Mary J. Hildebrand CIPP/US/E and prominent privacy lawyers from India and Brazil, will discuss the top 5 things in-house counsel must know as these laws roll out. Key topics include:
- Who is required to comply?
- What categories of data are covered?
- Do the laws have extraterritorial reach?
- Are there required security protocols?
- Is Data Transfer Restricted?
This panel will share strategies for integrating the new laws with internal protocols intended to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Mary J. Hildebrand CIPP/US/E, Partner; Founder & Chair, Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Victoria Gage-Bernheimer, CIPP/US, CCSA, Privacy Counsel, Accenture
- Fernando Stacchini, Partner, Motta Fernandes Advogados
- Rudra Srivastava, Partner, Singhania & Partners
Time: 9-10 a.m. ET
*This is a complimentary webinar exclusively for ACC NYC members.