- Hot topics
- Practice tips
- Enforcement priorities and trends
- Regulation of private equity funds
- Establishing private fund compliance
Twentieth Annual Private Equity Forum program description:
The Twentieth Annual Private Equity Forum has curated a distinguished panel of experts who will spend one and a half days examining the legal issues and prevailing industry trends faced by corporate and securities attorneys, accountants and other professionals involved in the fund-raising and financing businesses. Whether it is the impact of new tax laws on private equity funds, practical practice tips for a global market, or conflicts of interest trends inherent in the investment advisory business, this year's forum will tackle more than just the basics and hot topics of the private equity fund practice.
This program will address the key issues in marketing private equity funds on a global basis, the architecture of sponsor-led restructuring deals, current issues in negotiating the terms of private equity funds, and establishing effective private fund compliance. There will be a private equity tax update with an in depth review of the taxation of carried interest and the impact of new tax laws on private equity funds. Also featured is an ethics segment focused on the issues arising between advisers and their funds, and in managing multiple funds.
The program will cover:
- How to organize a global fund raising effort, with emphasis on U.S. and European fundraising
- Best practices for recurring issues in private equity transactions
- Negotiated fiduciary duty provisions
- Expense allocation for service providers
- Succession planning and how to plan for generational change
- Enforcement priorities and trends of private equity funds
- Conflicts of interest inherent in the investment advisory business
- Nadel's presentation takes place on Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at 10 a.m.
- The forum runs Monday, July 15, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- The program will be held in person at the PLI New York Center, 1177 Avenue of the Americas, Second Floor, New York, NY; 800.260.4754. It will also be webcast and groupcast at various locations.