A brief introduction to the Insolvency Laws of Canada, China, Mexico and the United Kingdom – This two-part program, featuring Lowenstein partners Andrew Behlmann and Bruce S. Nathan, will provide a practical, creditor-focused introduction to the insolvency systems of four countries, using the U.S. bankruptcy process as a familiar basis for comparison. Bankruptcy and restructuring lawyers from Canada, China, Mexico and the United Kingdom will take part in a panel discussion about their respective countries’ insolvency systems – their laws, courts and procedures – with a particular emphasis on what trade creditors should be prepared to watch out for, including key parties, claims assertion and reconciliation, case exit options and claw back claims. Amid growing global economic uncertainty and the threat of a looming worldwide recession, this program is a “must hear” for any professional with international exposure.
- Andrew Behlmann, Partner, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Stuart Brotman, Partner, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- John Du, Partner, JunHe LLP
- Ricardo Orea Monteña, Partner, Montaño, Santamarina y Steta S.C.
- Gawain Moore, Partner, Walker Morris LLP
- Bruce S. Nathan, Partner, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Time: 11-11:45 a.m. and 1-1:45 p.m. MT
Location: Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, 5594 West Wild Horse Pass Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85226
*Disclaimer: This event is open to the public but requires a registration fee.