Doreen M. Edelman will be speaking on a panel, "Assessing FIRRMA’s Impact on Investment Deals Involving Private Equity Funds," during ACI’s 7th National Conference on CFIUS.
During this session, the panelists will discuss:
- How are PE companies dealing with the new CFIUS reality post-FIRRMA?
- Are we seeing a change in the way PE companies are structuring their funds, shaping their deal making practices or organizing their financing practices?
- What trends are being seen with regard to the review of PE deals, process challenges, mitigation in the PE context, due diligence in the PE context, etc.?
- Considerations for U.S. private equity funds who are evaluating whether their fund structures could cause them to be considered a foreign person for CFIUS purposes?
- Doreen M. Edelman, Partner; Chair, Global Trade & Policy, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Harry Broadman, Chair, Emerging Markets and CFIUS Practices, Berkeley Research Group LLC; Faculty Scholar, Johns Hopkins University
- David Shogren, Deputy Director, Office of Investment Security, Reviews and Investigations, U.S. Department of Treasury
Time: 3:45 p.m. ET
*This event is open to the public but requires a registration fee. For more information or to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.