New York, NY, December 15, 2016 - National law firm Lowenstein Sandler announced today that it has expanded its parental leave benefits in line with the firm's commitment to working parents and the diversity and inclusiveness of its workforce.
Lowenstein's new leave policy applies to all employees regardless of gender, role at the firm, and whether an employee becomes a parent through biology, adoption, or some combination.
"As the nature of how we define family evolves, we believe this move furthers our dedication to creating a community that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive," said Gary M. Wingens, Chairman and Managing Partner at Lowenstein Sandler. "Earlier this month, we received a perfect score of 100 percent in the 2017 Corporate Equality Index. That rating, and this week's announcement, are part of our sustained commitment to creating an environment in which our employees can thrive and be their whole selves.
"We are proud to be at the forefront of the legal industry as we recognize and support all working parents."
Specifics of the firm's expanded benefits include:
- Up to 16 weeks paid leave and up to 24 weeks total leave upon the birth or adoption of a child for primary parental caregivers
- Up to eight weeks paid leave and up to 12 weeks total leave upon the birth or adoption of a child for non-primary parental caregivers
- A program where employees will be provided with an internal mentor who can assist with career-related advice and planning before, during, and after parental leave.
- A ramp-up period for lawyers returning from parental leave during which workload expectations will be reduced for a number of months to allow lawyers to fully transition back to their client service role while adjusting to their new family.
- Reimbursement for up to $5,000 of the cost of adoption.
"Today's announcement is about how we treat and respect our staff and attorneys in an equal manner," said Donatella Verrico, Lowenstein Sandler's Chief Human Resources Officer. "We've long been rated a 'Best Places to Work' employer and these expanded policies are part of our strategy to honor and deliver on our commitment to our people across the firm."
About Lowenstein Sandler
Lowenstein Sandler is a national law firm with more than 300 lawyers working from six offices in New York, Palo Alto, Roseland, Utah, and Washington, D.C, representing clients in virtually every sector of the global economy with particular strength in the areas of investment funds, life sciences, and technology.
Recognized for the breadth and depth of its practice, its extraordinary client service, and its entrepreneurial spirit, the firm provides seasoned, value-added legal advice and strategic solutions for its clients.
Lowenstein Sandler prides itself on being a different kind of law firm - one committed to and deeply rooted in the interests of its clients, colleagues, and communities.