Kathleen A. McGee joins a panel of leading practitioners from California, Texas, Florida, and New York to discuss the intricacies of using state Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices statutes in business-to-business litigation. The panelists will showcase how these state statutes diverge from Section 5 of the FTC act, and how private litigation under these statutes materially differs from claims brought by government enforcement agencies. Panelists will focus on which actions a business may bring under NY, CA, FL, and TX law and how a business can establish sufficient harm or injury to establish a claim.
- George Wolfe, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Kathleen A. McGee, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Edward D. Burbach, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Katherine A. Kiziah, Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley PA
- Adrianne Marshack, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP
Time: 12 p.m.
This presentation is by teleconference.