Doreen M. Edelman, partner and Chair of Lowenstein's Global Trade & Policy practice, addresses critical CFIUS (The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States) updates and issues that every technology company must understand.
- Understanding what CFIUS is and the role it plays in business and government
- New CFIUS requirements
- By the numbers: CFIUS's 2019 report to Congress on filings and investigations
- A primer on FIRRMA
- Understanding when a filing is mandatory
- What it means when a foreign investor will have only a minority interest in a deal
- Critical technologies, infrastructure, and sensitive personal data
- "Voluntary" filings
- Exceptions to a CFIUS filing, including excepted countries and investors
- CFIUS response options
- Consequences of not making a CFIUS filing
- Challenging a negative CFIUS determination
- Business confidential information
This webinar was held in place of an originally scheduled in-person event.