Even in a pandemic, the past year saw many important developments in class action practice at both the federal and state level. Indeed, many new developments in class actions have surfaced precisely because of COVID and its associated legal challenges.
This panel of class action practitioners, including both plaintiff and defense specialists, will address hot topics in class action practice, including COVID interruption of services and consumer class actions, privacy and data breach cases, and updates on the Telephone Communications Practices Act.
The panel will also cover the latest developments on class action procedure, including: Article III standing and the TransUnion v. Ramirez case before the U.S. Supreme Court; the New Jersey Appellate Division’s decision in Baskin v. P.C. Richard & Son, which is now pending before the New Jersey Supreme Court; the Eleventh Circuit’s landmark decision on incentive awards; and the Sixth Circuit’s decision on negotiation class. And turning to the horizon of what’s ahead, the panel will address trends in litigation funding disclosure.
Cosponsored by the Class Actions Committee.
Moderator: Kelly M. Purcaro, A.Y. Strauss, L.L.C.
- Joseph A. Fischetti, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Lisa R. Considine, DiSabato & Considine LLC
- David J. DiSabato, DiSabato & Considine LLC
- Jeffrey J. Greenbaum, Sills Cummis & Gross PC
- David Jay, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Yongmoon Kim, Kim Law Firm
- Kelly M. Purcaro, A.Y. Strauss, L.L.C.
- David E. Sellinger, Greenberg Traurig LLP
Time: 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
Note: This event requires a registration fee.