This webinar is the first of a three-part series hosted in partnership with the East Africa Venture Capital Association (EAVCA), MMAN Advocates, and TerraLex. This series is co-hosted by EAVCA, MMAN Advocates and TerraLex, and will be moderated by Lowenstein Sandler partner Rossie E. Turman III.
In this first session, featuring Lowenstein partner Rossie E. Turman III, panelists will examine emerging issues for VC in Africa from an investor’s lens. Panelists will seek to:
- Identify and address the “gaps” in foreign investors’ information and understanding regarding investment in East Africa, including legal and regulatory concerns;
- Encourage more investment by local high net worth individuals, angel investors, and other equity capital providers in local tech startup and emerging company founders;
- Empower such local founders to attract substantial investment; and build and scale high growth emerging companies by providing access to the advice of successful founders, VC investors, and their respective advisors; and,
- Challenge local and foreign investors to deploy their capital without ethnic and gender biases while employing market leading best practices.
- Rossie E. Turman III, Partner, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Lavanya Anand, Principal, Vested World
- Hamza Butt, Principal, Chandaria Capital
- Anthony Kimani, Senior Investment Associate, Enza Capital
Time: 7-8:30 a.m. ET