Custody Proposals / What Makes an Acceptable Custodian
This panel, moderated by Co-chair of Lowenstein’s Derivatives & Structured Products group Boris Liberman, will discuss custody proposals in depth with Kamand Daniels of Palestra Capital Management LLC, Michael Lewkonia of The D.E. Shaw Group, and Jeffrey H. Wechselblatt of Lone Pine Capital LLC.
- Boris Liberman, Partner; Co-chair, Derivatives & Structured Products, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Kamand Daniels, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Palestra Capital Management LLC
- Michael Lewkonia, Senior Vice President & Counsel, The D. E. Shaw Group
- Jeffrey H. Wechselblatt, General Counsel, Lone Pine Capital LLC
Time: 1:10-2 p.m. ET
Examinations: The SEC Outlook
This panel, moderated by Chair of Lowenstein’s Fund Regulatory & Compliance group Scott H. Moss, will examine the SEC outlook with panelists Jennifer A. Duggins of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, James Gange of Davidson Kempner Capital Management, Sean McHugh of Citadel LLC, and Stephen N. Waldman of Tudor Investment Corporation.
- Scott H. Moss, Partner; Chair, Fund Regulatory & Compliance, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Jennifer A. Duggins, Division of Examinations, Assistant Director and Co-Head, Private Funds Unit, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- James Gange, Managing Director, Chief Compliance Officer and Legal Counsel, Davidson Kempner Capital Management
- Sean McHugh, Chief Compliance Officer, Citadel LLC
- Stephen N. Waldman, Managing Director and General Counsel, Tudor Investment Corporation
Time: 1:10-2 p.m. ET
State of Fundraising: How Are Funds Growing New Capital
This panel, moderated by Co-chair of Lowenstein's Investment Management Group Elaine M. Hughes, will focus on:
- How fundraising efforts are still moving forward despite difficult dealmaking conditions and weaker investor sentiment
- Generally, how funds are raising capital with different structures
- Processes and implications with overseas jurisdictions (both from marketing and trading side).
- Elaine M. Hughes, Partner; Co-chair, Investment Management Group, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Zachary Feingold, Chief Legal Officer, Coatue
- Dan Taub, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Junto Capital Management LP
Time: 2:05-2:55 p.m. ET
Conference Location: The Plaza, Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York, NY 10019
*Disclaimer: This event is open to the public but requires a registration fee.