- Mark P. Kesslen
Chair, Intellectual Property section of The Tech Group
Chair, IP Litigation Group
Honors & Awards
- Ranked in Top Firms with the highest allowance rates with patent eligibility (Alice) rejections with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2017)
- Ranked No. 1 in Top Firms for patent applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Technology Center 2400 (2016)
- Ranked No. 2 in Top Firms for Business Methods Applications with an allowance rate of 72.7 percent in 3620, 3680s, and 3690s (2016)
- Ranked in Top Firms for e-commerce patent applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Technology Center 2100 (2015-2016)
Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) (2015-2017):
- Listed among the preeminent patent practices in IAM's Patent 1000–The World's Leading Patent Practitioners
- Chair of our Intellectual Property practice, Mark P. Kesslen, and partners Stephen R. Buckingham, Robert J. Paradiso, and Marina Portnova individually recognized among leading global patent practitioners
IPWatchdog.com (2015): Ranked among the top most successful firms at obtaining patents in Technology Center 2400, according to IPWatchdog.com. The firm ranked No. 2 with an allowance rate of 97.4 percent. Many of the patent applications in TC 2400 are on the front line of the fight against cybercrime, a large and growing problem in the U.S. The TC 2400 list recognizes firms that have at least 100 disposed applications. Lowenstein Sandler’s Tech Group is also recognized for its VentureCrush events that bring together tech industry founders with VC, growth equity, PE, and angel investors to provide community-building experiences to the innovation industry.
Intellectual Property Today (2015): Lowenstein Sandler once again earned a place as a Top Patent Firm in Intellectual Property Today. Lowenstein secured a total of 653 design and utility patents on behalf of our clients in 2014, an increase of almost 40 percent from the prior year.
United States Patent and Trademark Office: Patent Pro Bono Certificate (2018)