- Trademark availability clearance searching
- Trademark application prosecution and registration
- Domestic and international trademark portfolio management
- Counseling regarding domestic and international trademark issues
- Trademark enforcement and defense
- Opposition proceedings
- Cancellation proceedings
- Online brand enforcement and domain name disputes
- Coexistence and consent agreements
- Trademark licensing and assignments
- Trademark audits
- Due diligence in corporate transactions
- Trademark security interests
- Branding initiatives
The significance of intangible business assets, including all manner of brand names, logos and trade dress, cannot be underestimated. An effective trademark promotes goodwill in the marketplace, distinguishes businesses from competitors and confers value, exclusivity and quality. Managing trademarks goes far beyond clearance searches and prosecution of applications; it requires a comprehensive, long-term branding strategy. The attorneys in Lowenstein Sandler’s Trademark Prosecution and Enforcement Group, listed among the preeminent trademark practices in World Trademark Review 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, are dedicated to providing clients with the services they need to clear, register and enforce their trademark rights. Our trademark team is driven to help our clients develop and protect the integrity of their brands with a unique combination of practical business perspective and legal acumen.
We offer a full range of trademark services, including clearance and registration, brand enforcement, corporate transactions and related agreements, and dispute resolution. Our firm manages the national and global trademark portfolios of hundreds of clients that span a diverse array of industries and range in size from emerging companies to multinational corporations. In addition to our expertise in the United States, our team is also experienced in international jurisdictions. Our carefully selected network of foreign trademark counsel facilitates our work on a global scale.