Evan is a partner in the Tech Group, counseling companies in all stages of their life cycles, from the seed of an idea to its execution and eventual exit. He works closely with founders, investors, and entrepreneurs across a wide range of industries, and their innovative spirits energize his legal practice.
With a home in Brooklyn’s DUMBO neighborhood–a nexus for many tech startups–and extensive experience with an array of companies in the tech sector, Evan’s roots are firmly planted in the startup community. He has handled and negotiated hundreds of venture capital and private equity financings for those providing and seeking capital. Evan is also well-versed in mergers and acquisitions, and regularly advises clients through complex exit transactions.
In addition to his work for the firm, Evan serves as a mentor to the startup community, often writing and speaking on legal and business issues for Cleantech Open Northeast, WeWork, Columbia Tech Ventures, General Assembly, and 30 Weeks (a Google-sponsored incubator).
Prior to joining Lowenstein Sandler, Evan was a partner at Mintz Levin, working in the firm’s Boston and New York offices.
- Moderator, 2015 NYC Financing & Legal Clinic, Cleantech Open Northeast, New York,
- Start-Up Legal Clinic , General Assembly, New York, NY (2015)
- Moderator, Go-to-Market, Team Building and Intellectual Property, 2014 NYC Business
- Clinic: Go-to-Market Strategy, Cleantech Open Northeast, New York, NY (07.17.2014)
- Speaker, Start-Up Legal Clinic, AlleyNYC and Mintz Levin, New York, NY (03.26.2014)
The Heat is On
The Deal, April 16, 2010