- Purchase, sale, and financing of whole loans and servicing rights
- Mergers and acquisitions of mortgage companies
- Acquisition and financing of distressed or bankrupt mortgage companies and their assets
- Mortgage repurchase claims and litigation
- Joint ventures
- Private equity investment
- New product development
- Securitization transactions
- Master servicing, servicing, and subservicing arrangements
- Warehouse lending and repurchase financing facilities
- Specialty product (e.g., reverse mortgage loans, scratch and dent loans) transactions
- Domestic and global technology licensing and outsourcing for the mortgage industry
Lowenstein Sandler’s Mortgage Banking & Finance practice is one of the very few practices in the country with substantial whole loan and servicing rights trading experience as well as expertise in counseling clients in transactions relating to the purchase, sale, or financing of businesses having significant mortgage portfolios.
Whether your firm is a mortgage company or an investment bank, or it is a private equity fund purchasing or selling a mortgage company or mortgage-related assets, we will leverage our experience with hundreds of US-based mortgage-related transactions, involving over $500 billion in loans, to advance your business strategy.
Our Mortgage Banking & Finance practice advises investment banks and mortgage companies on purchases and sales of loan portfolios and servicing rights, and we help lenders and capital markets purchasers structure and document financing and wholesale lending programs. We advise on purchases and sales of agency and private mortgage servicing rights, and we structure, negotiate, and document servicing, outsourcing, and subservicing arrangements. Our attorneys are involved in various corporate transactions related to mortgage business launch, acquisition, expansion, innovation, and disposition.
Whether working with traders on a financial institution’s trading desk, investors seeking to purchase a mortgage company, or entrepreneurs building a new mortgage platform from scratch, Lowenstein Sandler’s Mortgage Banking & Finance practice employs a unique mix of expediency, skill, and cost-efficiency. We are well-regarded for our negotiating ability; we treat our clients’ counterparties as their clients. We understand the upswings and downturns of the mortgage banking and real estate markets, the laws regulating those markets, and the influence these combined forces have on our clients’ business goals and financial returns.