- Purchases and sales of entire companies, divisions, or important assets
- Private equity transactions
- Corporate spin-offs
- Management buyouts
- Leveraged buyouts
- Roll-up IPOs
- ESOP and GRAT transactions
- Joint ventures
Mergers and acquisitions are the backbone of Lowenstein Sandler's transactional practice. We represent major corporations and private equity sponsors seeking growth and optimal capital deployment through strategic acquisitions and dispositions. Entrepreneurial companies rely on us for advice on their most creative and cutting-edge deals, from formation and funding to IPO and ultimate sale.
Our M&A attorneys guide our clients in transactions that are not "expansion for expansion's sake" or substitutes for innovation, but rather key components in thoughtful growth strategies. Like our clients—from emerging companies to major corporations—the culture of our firm is entrepreneurial. We are passionate about client service and we strive to build collaborative, long-term relationships based on a shared understanding of our clients' business goals.
Our nationally recognized complementary practices work as a team to sharpen our edge in M&A transactions:
- Our Tech Group brings a deep and nimble understanding of IP issues and complex venture-backed capital structures to tech and biotech M&A transactions.
- We possess substantial experience with sponsor-backed and financed M&A transactions. Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst ranked us among the nation's most active law firms for negotiating and closing more than 150 private equity and venture capital deals in 2010.
- Our securities, tax, environmental and employee benefits practices add value by working with small and large in-house legal teams on acquisition and disposition issues.
- We also partner with our bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in representing clients in M&A acquisitions through, or as an alternative to, bankruptcy.