Kimberly E. Diamond
Kim Diamond’s dedication to solving her clients’ finance and capital markets problems is evident as soon as you meet her. Focused, clear-minded and enthusiastic, Kim’s energy radiates, whether she’s representing domestic or international commercial banks, financial institutions, asset managers, hedge funds, sponsors, large corporations or any other entities in complex, multimillion- or multibillion-dollar transactions in the public and private markets.
Her broad fund and structured finance experience spans loans, bonds, bank trust preferred securities, insurance trust preferred securities and REIT preferred securities, as well as securities backed by commercial mortgages and receivables from other asset classes. She has represented clients based in South America, Australia, Canada, Iceland and other countries. In addition to her extensive private practice experience in large international law firms, Kim served as Counsel for Credit Suisse’s Fixed Income Desk.
Kim is involved in various renewable and alternative energy initiatives and is a recognized thought leader in the wind energy area. She is national Co-Chair of the American Bar Association's (ABA's) Renewable, Alternative, and Distributed Energy Resources (RADER) Committee. Kim also serves as national Vice Chair of the ABA's Energy and Environmental Markets and Finance (EEMF) Committee. She launched and served for a number of years as the editor of the ABA's Energy and Environmental Markets and Finance Committee Newsletter, a publication covering current issues, policy matters, and other recent legal developments in the areas of project finance, commodities and derivatives, climate change mitigation, and international carbon emissions trading and regulation.
Kim has mentored professionals in the U.S., the Netherlands, and the U.K. through Women of Wind Energy's (WoWE's) mentoring program and was named WoWE's 2011 Outstanding Mentor of the Year. Her many articles on wind energy and other renewable energy topics have been published in law reviews, trade journals and other nationally recognized publications. One of her law review articles was cited in Judge Posner’s opinion in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit case Muscarello v. Winnebago County Board, 702 F.3d 909 (7th Cir. 2012). She also is a frequent speaker on wind and alternative energy-related topics.
She’s just as dedicated to energy outside the office, albeit with a different focus. An avid runner, she recently completed her first sprint triathlon, regularly runs in 5Ks and longer races, and encourages everyone to commit to a regular exercise regimen.
- Speaker, “Wake Effects and Wind Rights: What Land Professionals Need to Know,” REALTORS® Land Institute’s 2013 National Land Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 19, 2013.
- Moderator, "Stormwater Management: Current Approaches, Policies, and Legislation, and What Needs to Change," American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, January 29, 2013.
- Co-Moderator, "Finance in a World of Reduced Government Assistance," American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, June 14, 2012.
- Presenter, "Balancing Public Data Sharing Against Private Data Ownership: Which Weighs Heavier?," American Wind Energy Association's (AWEA's) WINDPOWER 2012 Conference, Poster Presentation, Atlanta, GA, June 5, 2012.
- Speaker, "Managing Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources: The Northeast's Perspective," Climate Change and Water Resources TeleBriefing, Law Seminars International, May 18, 2012.
Kimberly E. Diamond's presentation on the benefits of utility scale offshore and onshore wind power for New Jersey, delivered at the New Jersey League of Women Voters' Alternative Energy for New Jersey Conference, is highlighted.,
April 13, 2010
Cornell University Law School
University of Michigan
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Co-Chair, Renewable, Alternative, and Distributed Energy Resources Committee
- Vice Chair, Energy and Environmental Markets and Finance Committee
- Women of Wind Energy (WoWE)
- Winner, Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award, 2011
- National Mentoring Steering Committee
- Women in Energy
- Women's Network for Energy, Environment & Transportation
- Environmental Commission, Berkeley Heights, New Jersey (2009-2011)
- Mayor-Appointed Member
- Chair, Water Usage Team, Sustainability Subcommittee