Ethan Skerry is a deal lawyer with a long track record of successful M&A, joint venture and other complex transactions across a variety of industries, with a particular emphasis on M&A transactions involving technology, life science and other growth companies.
Ethan’s practice also includes serving as outside general counsel to private companies — primarily venture-backed growth stage companies — that rely on him as their first call for their most pressing legal matters.
Clients value Ethan for his creative, practical and efficient advice and regard him as a trusted advisor who works tirelessly to understand their needs and achieve their business objectives.
Ethan also serves as an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall University Law School, where he teaches a course on corporate transactions.
- Represented Behance in its acquisition by Adobe.
- Represented SelectMinds in its acquisition by Oracle.
- Represented Buddy Media in its acquisition by salesforce.com, inc.
- Represented WorldOne in its acquisition of Sermo, Inc.
- Represented Buddy Media in its acquisitions of Spinback and Brighter Option Ltd.
- Represented SNL Financial in its leveraged recapitalization by New Mountain Capital.
- Represented Boomi in its sale to Dell.
- Represented Sterling Infosystems in its acquisitions of Abso, Screening International, Tandem and Acxiom Information Security Services, Inc.
- Represented Veronis Suhler Stevenson in connection with its acquisition of MG LLC d/b/a TRANZACT.
- Represented Time Inc. in its sale of The Parenting Group, Inc., and Time4 Media, Inc., to the Bonnier Group.
- Represented Cerberus Capital Management in connection with its investment in Covis Pharma.
- Represented Princeton Pharma Holdings and its wholly owned subsidiary Aton Pharma in their $318 million sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Celldex Therapeutics in its $93.5 million acquisition of CuraGen Corporation, and in its $129 million stock-for-stock merger with Avant Immunotherapeutics, Inc.
- Represented The Estée Lauder Companies in its acquisition of Applied Genetics Incorporated Dermatics.
- Represented Vital Signs in its $870 million cash merger with GE Healthcare.
- Represented LifeCell Corporation in its $1.7 billion two-step tender offer/merger with Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
- Represented GF Capital Private Equity Fund in its acquisition of the assets of Airborne Health, Inc.
- Represented S.A.C. Capital in connection with its investment in CBay, Inc.
- Represented Cytec Industries in the $105 million sale of its pressure-sensitive adhesives business to Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
- Represented Indorama Ventures in its $420 million acquisition of the U.S. and Mexican polyester and PET resins business of Invista S.a.r.l., and in its acquisition of Fibervisions Holdings from Snow Phipps Group.
- Represented Independent Fiduciary Services in its acquisition by Arthur J. Gallagher.
- Represented Sims Metal Management in multiple roll-up acquisitions.