Colin Kirby’s deep, personal interest in disruptive technologies is evident in his work as a New York-based associate in Lowenstein’s Corporate Department and a member of the Tech Group.
Since joining the firm in 2011, Colin has focused on the representation of venture capital funds and emerging technology companies in financing and M&A transactions. Colin works closely with early-stage, high-growth companies on formation and initial capitalization matters, and he has significant experience representing both investment entities and technology companies in complex financing transactions of all sizes.
Prior to joining the firm, Colin received top honors while obtaining a graduate degree in entrepreneurship from Duke University. While there, Colin served as a strategic advisor to numerous start-ups and later worked as an associate for 8 Rivers Capital, a technology commercialization firm based in Durham, North Carolina.
In addition to his work with the Tech Group, Colin works with underwriters and issuers in public securities transactions and counsels hedge funds and other investment managers on formation, compliance and operational matters.
- Represented ReThink Education in its Series A-2 investment in Pathbrite (March 2013)
- Represented Kickboard, Inc. in $2 million Series A financing led by New Markets Venture Partners and Two Sigma Ventures (February 2013)
- Represented Magnetic Media Online in its Series B financing (June 2012)
- Represented Adaptly, Inc. in Series B financing of over $10.5 million from strategic and venture capital investors (May 2012)
- Represented Selectminds in sale to Oracle (September 2012)
- Represented Knowledge Networks, Inc. in sale to GFK Custom Research (December 2011)